Sunday, October 9, 2011

Beautiful Moon Ring

First time ever in my life I saw this maginificent beautiful full moon with a ring around it. Magnificent. Wonderful! Well I was messaging my friends and stuffs, one of them was Nana! haha He asked me to go watch the moon outdside and so I looked at the moon, and I go ' OH MY GOD'.. it's just so freaking beautiful.. I searched in google they said it is called as "Moon Ring" and also known as "Winter Halo".. nice eh.. hahaha .. according to the wikipedia.... they said it's a phenomenon that usually appears in conjunction with a full moon.. There appears to be a whitish ring, approximately 10 to 20 times the size of the moon, surrounding the moon and centered on it. It is caused by refraction of the light from the full moon in the ice particles floating in the clouds, as opposed to a rainbow, where light refracts in the water vapor that makes up the clouds. Since this happens most effectively at a certain angle, this ring appears at the bottom of the clouds, and since similar triangles must form between the moon, the refracting surface, and the observation point, the "highlighted" clouds are at approximately the same distance from the moon, creating the image of a ring.


In ancient beliefs it is believed that a moon ring means very warm days before the winter storm. It is also said that the number of days can be counted by counting the stars inside the ring. If you count 15 stars then you have 15 days before a winter storm is to come. Uh oh. Winter storm? How could that be here in Malaysia lol.. We'll never know.... woot woot.. :P The moon just gave me this such romantic feeling ya know... haha if I have a boyfriend at that moment beside me I wonder what I'd do to him! hahahaha LOL... haih.. It was indeed beautiful and all the memories came back to me.. damn.. memories can never be vanished.. It'll stuck there and hunt you forever until the day that you breathe for the last timeeeee of your life. I hope there will be a Moon Ring again on my birthday!!!! lol.. hehehe...  Thanks peeps for reading. I'll come up again with better ones soon okay. xoxo ( Monday, 12PM, 10/10/11)

2 comments:

  1. Hiiii!!!! It's me Lovely Willow.

    I am writing back to you in this comment box coz there aren't any chatbox in your blog so apologies.

    Thanks for liking my blog. I did reply on my chatbox but wasn't sure if you read that. <3

    You can call me Willow and I hope we can be friends.

    Cheerios!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiiii!!!! It's me Lovely Willow.

    I am writing back to you in this comment box coz there aren't any chatbox in your blog so apologies.

    Thanks for liking my blog. I did reply on my chatbox but wasn't sure if you read that. <3

    You can call me Willow and I hope we can be friends.

    Cheerios!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...